From: here to:
Made in PS7
1. CROP! we are starting with a big image: this... and it's a tad bigger then 100x100... so yeah!
2. SHARPEN! Sam is looking a bit dull... Filter> Sharpen> Sharpen. Duplicate the base and set to Color Dodge.
3. LAYERS! Here we go with the layers!
Take this: made by CDG, set to Overlay.
4. TEXT! Next use the eye dropper tool and grab a color from the helmet. Mine ended up being #FFFFCB. I put "helmet love" in Calisto MT in 7pt, 5pts leading (space between lines of text) and pushed the "love" over a bit.
5. HEART! Ok now to do the heart of it all... use this: which I made from one of my many heart brushes I have found over the years.
Now,set it to Screen, move to where you want it, or where it comes out the best. If you want it brighter, just duplicate the layer and do nothing.
6. BORDER! Now this is looking nice! You can put a border around it... like this: which is a brush from 1000 Icons. Set to Multiply.
Soo.... here is the final:
*Whew* So ... you like my tut? Yes? No?